Blog header

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

September Mom of the Month

Our mom of the month program honors moms for their efforts to lead healthy lifestyles, and gives us a chance to get to know them better at the same time!

September's featured "Mom of the Month" is: Anna Lyden
Congrats Anna!

Anna has been a Stroller Strides member since early this year, and has made great strides in fitness this year.  She works hard at every workout she attends and has been one of our most frequently attendees this summer.  She sets a great example of all of us and does so with a smile.  We are glad to have Anna and her son Camden as part of our program! 

Join us in congratulating Anna and read on to get to know her a little better.

Hometown: 
Raleigh, NC 

Current part of the Triangle that you live in: 
Raleigh 

Education:
 BS in Business Management from UNCW


Stroller Strides Member since:
February

Members of your Family:
My husband Cahal and my son Camden (14 months)

Tell us about your children:
My son, Camden, was born in June of 2013.  He is very funny and we are starting to see more and more of his personality every day. 

Current/previous Career:
Before I was a stay at home mom with Cam, I worked as a compliance officer with AXA Advisors.


What was your childhood ambition?
to be a veterinarian


What does motherhood mean to you?
Motherhood is the most wonderful and bittersweet experience of my life.  I didn't realize just how much love I could have for this tiny person who was brand new to my life and that love only grows more and more everyday.  I feel very lucky and proud to be a mom.


What is the furthest you have been from home?
Costa Rica for our honeymoon.


What has Stroller Strides done for you (or meant to you)?
Stroller Strides has been great with getting back in shape.  Even more than that, the class has provided a great way to socialize with other moms and for Camden to get to interact and play with other kids.

What is your favorite exercise?
I don't know if I have a favorite exercise, specifically, but I like anything that helps firm up the buns.


What is your proudest moment?
I feel proud every single day when I see my son growing, learning, and starting to figure things out on his own.  My favorite moment right now, is seeing how sweet of a boy he is when he leans in to give me a kiss.

What are three of your favorite things (besides your family!)?
the beach, my dog, and chocolate

Tell us something about yourself that would surprise us or makes you unique.
I am certified in scuba diving, although I haven't gone in quite a while.


If we asked your spouse what they think your best qualities are, what would they say?
I just asked him and he said my sense of humor, that I'm down to earth, responsible, have good morals, and am a nurturing mom.

What advice would you give to moms looking to get back into shape?
I would tell them to be patient, have faith, and just stick with it.  In time you will start to feel stronger and you will start to see your body get back in shape.  It just takes a little bit of time and commitment.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment